Eleanor E. Frisch
Eleanor is dedicated to protecting the rights of consumers and employees and advocates for those who have been victimized by deceptive or illegal corporate conduct and unfair employment practices.
Prior to joining Nichols Kaster as an associate in 2015, Eleanor served as a judicial clerk to the Honorable Roger L. Wollman of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit. In 2013 and 2014, she worked at Nichols Kaster as a law clerk.
During law school, Eleanor was on the Executive Board of the Minnesota Law Review, worked as a research assistant for Professor Carol Chomsky and as an intern at the Advocates for Human Rights, and volunteered to help provide pro bono legal services through the Minnesota Justice Foundation, the Indian Services Project, and the Volunteer Lawyers Network.
- Minnesota Supreme Court
- California Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court – Central District of California
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court – District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court - Western District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit
- J.D., University of Minnesota Law School, 2014, magna cum laude
- B.A. Trinity University, 2008, magna cum laude
Publications / Speaking Engagements
- Coauthor, "The Fair Labor Standards Act," ch. 2, Minnesota Continuing Legal Education, The Complete Employment Lawyer's Quick Answer Book (May 2017).
- Coauthor, "Circuits Are Split on the Implied Requirement of Ascertainability Under Rule 23," AAJ Class Action Litigation Group Newsletter (Summer 2016).
- Coauthor, “The Canary Sings Again: New Life for the Minnesota Whistleblower Act,” Bench & Bar of Minnesota (September 2013, Volume LXX, Number VIII at p. 14).
- “State Sexual Harassment Definitions and Disaggregation of Sex Discrimination Claims,” Minnesota Law Review (2014, Volume 98 at p. 1943).
Titles / Awards / Memberships
- American Association for Justice
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- National Association of Consumer Advocates
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- National Association of Women Lawyer Outstanding Law Student Award
- Order of the Coif