With a team of passionate and talented professionals, our team works relentlessly every day on advancing and protecting the rights of the little guy in the workplace and marketplace.
We want to give you the opportunity to get to know our incredible team a little bit better. That’s why each Friday, we plan to feature a Nichols Kaster partner and some fun facts about them that you might not otherwise know.
This week, get to know Matthew C. Helland:
Matt is an experienced and tenacious litigator who has fought for workers’ and consumers’ rights throughout his career. Matt serves as the managing partner of Nichols Kaster’s San Francisco office, where he focuses his practice on class and collective wage and hour cases filed in California and throughout the country.
Five fun facts about Matt:
- I decided I wanted to be a lawyer when … I was walking to Orchestra Hall for a band performance in high school. I have no idea why I made that decision then, but I have a specific recollection of that moment!
- If you were in my office, you’d find …several boxes of Cheerios and laundry detergent under my desk. My co-workers think I have an Amazon problem.
- How far have you traveled? I’ve been to Europe quite a few times and to China once. My family and I go to El Salvador every Thanksgiving for a mission trip.
- If I could choose one place to live for the rest of my life, I’d pick…San Francisco!
- On the weekends I love to… barbeque on my Big Green Egg. I’ve entered two barbeque competitions in downtown Oakland, which required sleeping out on the street overnight next to my grill.